Currie (NZL), Kahlefeldt (CZE) win 2020 Challenge Wanaka
Braden Currie of New Zealand and Radka Vodickova-Kahlefeldt won the elite pro titles of the Challenge Asia-Pacific Championships at Wanaka.
Currie used the strength of his race-best 1:15:31 half-marathon run to secure the win over Aussie Matt Burton and fellow countryman Mike Phillips. Currie finished in 3:59:48.
Kahlefeldt also used her women’s best 1:22:08 run split to pull away from defending champion Hannah Wells (NZL) and American Meredith Kessler. Kahlefeldt secured her second win in Wanaka (1st 2018) by finishing in 4:28:11.
1. Braden Currie (NZL) 3:59:48
2. Matt Burton (AUS) 4:02:37
3. Mike Phillips (NZL) 4:03:31
4. Jack Moody (NZL) 4:03:51
5. Steve McKenna (AUS) 4:08:05
1. Radka Kahlefeldt (CZE) 4:28:11
2. Hannah Wells (NZL) 4:31:30
3. Meredith Kessler (USA) 4:36:12
4. Rebecca Clarke (NZL) 4:38:37
5. Sarah Bishop (USA) 4:48:05
Share this article