Super League Triathlon: Chris McCormack pre-race interview
Chris McCormack, the co-founder of Super League Triathlon talks about the new triathlon format and plans for the future at the inaugural Super League race on Hamilton Island, Australia.
About the Super League races:
17th March – “The Triple Mix” – three stage with 10 minutes in between after the first athlete crosses the line:
- Stage 1 – Swim (300m), Bike (6km), Run (2km)
- Stage 2 – Run (2km), Bike (6km), Swim (300m)
- Stage 3 – Bike (6km), Swim (300m), Run (2km)
18th March – “The Equalizer”
Morning race: Individual Time Trial – bike only
Afternoon race: Individual Time Trial of 300m swim, 2km run, 300m swim, 6km bike, 2km run.
19th March – “The Eliminator”
- Stage 1: 300m swim, 6km bike, 2km run (10 minutos rest after the winner crosses the line, only the top 15 athletes advance to stage 2)
- Stage 2: 300m swim, 6km bike, 2km run (10 minutos rest after the winner crosses the line, only the top 10 athletes advance to stage 2)
- Stage 3:300m swim, 6km bike, 2km run (first across the line is the winner of the Superleague).
You can watch the race live on http://www.superleaguetriathlon.com/
Share this article