Super League Triathlon: Richard Varga Pre-Race interview
By Wires March 16, 2017
Richard Varga is one of the 25 triathletes racing at the Super League on Hamilton Island – A 2-time Olympian and 3-time Aquathlon World Champion, Richard is considered as the fastest swimmer among triathletes. We learned more about his background, thoughts on the Super League Series and plans for the future.
About the Super League races:
17th March – “The Triple Mix” – three stage with 10 minutes in between after the first athlete crosses the line:
- Stage 1 – Swim (300m), Bike (6km), Run (2km)
- Stage 2 – Run (2km), Bike (6km), Swim (300m)
- Stage 3 – Bike (6km), Swim (300m), Run (2km)
18th March – “The Equalizer”
Morning race: Individual Time Trial – bike only
Afternoon race: Individual Time Trial of 300m swim, 2km run, 300m swim, 6km bike, 2km run.
19th March – “The Eliminator”
- Stage 1: 300m swim, 6km bike, 2km run (10 minutos rest after the winner crosses the line, only the top 15 athletes advance to stage 2)
- Stage 2: 300m swim, 6km bike, 2km run (10 minutos rest after the winner crosses the line, only the top 10 athletes advance to stage 2)
- Stage 3:300m swim, 6km bike, 2km run (first across the line is the winner of the Superleague).
You can watch the race live on https://superleaguetriathlon.com/
Share this article